Cornfield School is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people by taking all reasonable steps to protect them from neglect, physical, sexual or emotional harm. Paid staff and volunteers will at all times show respect and understanding for the rights, safety and welfare of our service users and conduct themselves in a way that reflect the principles of our organisation.
We will do this by:
- ensuring that all of our paid staff and volunteers are carefully selected, trained and supervised;
- assessing all risk carefully that children and young people encounter and taking all necessary steps to minimise and manage them;
- letting parents and children and young people know how to voice concerns or complaints about anything that they may not be happy with;
- giving parents, children and young people and workers information about what we do and what can be expected from us.
- requiring clubs, societies, groups hiring from Cornfield School, to have and abide by their own code, policies and procedures which a copy must be shown to us;
- responding to allegations appropriately with full investigation and, if appropriate, implement the disciplinary and appeals procedures and
- to develop and implement an appropriate monitoring and review system to ensure compliance with Cornfield School’s Child Protection Policy and Procedures.
Cornfield School has adopted the following policies and procedures for paid and voluntary staff to ensure the safety and well-being of children and young people
While everyone at Cornfield is responsible for safeguarding, the lead staff are Mrs J Turner and Ms C Green, (the SENCos), Mrs M Davis (Head), and Mrs M Read (Deputy Head)